Flowers are blooming, birds are chirping, and Spring is here. According to the groundhog we have a few more weeks left of winter in some cities. We slowly start storing away all our winter coats, holiday decorations, and the heavy blankets. It is also that time of the year when we declutter, clean and organize all areas.
The dreaded Spring Cleaning
This is the perfect time to donate all the unused appliances, clothing, shoes and even that car you haven’t moved in over a year. We start recycling old magazines, cardboard and newspapers we collected during the holiday season.
However, more importantly, clean your office. Your office is the area where you spend most of your day. You may not want to do this alone… If you haven’t yet hired a cleaning company to come in and take care of your janitorial needs, this is a perfect time to do it.
Keeping a tidy space may be unrealistic in a busy office here are some tips that will help.
- Wipe monitors and windows in your area
- Clear unnecessary clutter, recycle all paper, glass and plastic items.
- Keep sanitizing wipes at your desk and every other day wipe down your phone, keyboard, and desk.
- Dust common areas with a wet paper towel
- Throw out old leftovers, wash and take home any unused dishes
Keep in mind that if we all do a little, we can achieve a lot!