Spring is truly the perfect time for renewal and your office to freshen up. Keeping your office looking its best is easier said than done, and it requires hard work and effort to make it happen.
– If office cleaning chores take a lot of your valuable time,
leave heavy projects for our leading
commercial cleaning service.
Having a clean workplace will help increase performance, and boost morale, so use our 4 Easy Spring Office Cleaning Tips for 2021 to improve the employees’ productivity and welcome everyone into your sparkling office.
1. IMPLEMENT AN EASY CLEANING ROUTINE
Before you start Spring cleaning, identify your office’s biggest problem areas. Keep in mind that, if not addressed immediately, small problems can turn out big and expensive, so be systematic in your examination to spruce up your office.
- Remove Everything – If you want to clean your office truly, start from scratch and remove everything from the desks, shelves, and drawers. Now when these surfaces are empty, take the time to clean everything.
- Determine what you really need – Assess each office item, know what you have, and decide which of them you really need. Let every item have its respective place. Items that you need but don’t use often store on shelves or drawers to keep your desk space clutter-free, and the ones don’t need, throw them away or donate.
- Special attention to trouble spots – Pay special attention to ceilings, corner guards, tiles and grout, floors and cabinets, fire extinguishers, flooring tiles, light switches, storage shelves, windows.
- Keep your office vacuum available for regular cleaning and emergency pick-up.
- Don’t forget to throw away the garbage and wash the garbage bin regularly.
- Store all cleaning supplies in one place. Provide a portable cart with dusting spray, grass cleaner, microfiber wipes, and paper towels.
- Clean computer monitors and keyboards. Aside from just dusting the surface, turn the keyboard upside down and shake it so that the food and dirt that stuck under the keycaps will come out.
- Encourage your employees to keep their workplace clean, use cleaning wipes on fixtures, doorknobs, faucets, and microwave controls.
- Designate routine duties for your employees to keep the office spotless. Establish a routine that you and your employees will follow, make a habit of performing cleaning tasks regularly.
2. HIRE PROFESSIONALS FOR BIG JOBS
Whether you manage an office building or own a retail outlet, it’s your responsibility to keep the place clean and looking professional.
Unless you are ready to invest in special cleaning equipment and products, clean carpets yourself, it’s always a great solution to hire professionals who will do the work quickly and reduce your downtime.
- Window Washing Service – The exterior of your commercial building collects layers of dirt, hard water deposits, and grime throughout the year. A professional window washing service will remove the dull layers and create instant curb appeal with sparkling clean windows.
- Floor and Carpet Cleaning – Regular carpet and floor care is an excellent way to improve the appearance of your carpets and extend fiber life. Your employees will also notice an improvement in their allergies since dirt, bacteria, and allergens will be eliminated.
- Janitorial Supply Management – Never running out of janitorial supplies is key to maintaining a clean business. Adopting a janitorial supply management system will ensure your janitor supply closet is always organized with the items you need and ordered before you need them at a price you can afford.
3. GAIN THE ADVANTAGES OF A CLEAN OFFICE
Office staff and employees spend most of their waking hours in the office, so it is important to keep the workspace neat and clean regularly.
- A spotless and sanitary place can prevent and lead to happier and healthier staff and prevent possible sickness and infection, resulting in employees taking sick days and lost productivity.
- Cluttered desks and a messy workplace may cause stress, so it is easier to focus on work when the environment is well-organized and clean.
- Healthy employees will become more motivated and inspired to perform their job better, so everyone will be more satisfied and have real peace of mind.
- Your customers and visitors will enjoy their visit to your office, and your professionally cleaned space will always make the right impression on them.
- Regular cleaning minimizes the need for carpets and furnishings replacements, saving you from this type of expense.
4. GUARANTEE CUSTOMIZED CLEANING THAT MEETS YOUR OFFICE’S NEEDS
We enjoyed sharing these office Spring cleaning tips and hope they will take some of the work out of your cleaning chores.
You can count on our best commercial cleaning services available and our highly skilled professionals to take care of all your office and workplace cleaning needs. We specialize in customized plans for all types of offices nationwide, and our team is fully equipped to handle all your cleaning requirements.
If you need more information about our services or would like a custom quote, give us a call at The Business Cleaning Company, Inc.